If you have been harassed by a third-party debt collector, you may be entitled to a settlement. The FDCPA protects consumers like you from harassing tactics. For example, a debt collector cannot call you night and day.
A general rule of thumb is that a debt collector cannot call you before 8 A.M. your time, or after 9 P.M. your time. This FDCPA violation is not cut-and-dry—For example, if a debt collector were to call you at 7:58 A.M., a judge will likely not believe that he or she is in violation of the FDCPA.
When Hours Become a Violation
What could be considered a violation, however, would be a debt collector purposely calling you at 11 P.M. to harass you to try to get a payment quicker. A debt collector would also be in violation of the FDCPA if he or she specifically called you at a time you said was inconvenient, such as when you’re at work.
If you have been called at odd hours, you should speak with an FDCPA attorney as soon as possible. A creditor harassment attorney can protect your rights. Most importantly, once you hire an FDCPA attorney, debt collectors will not be able to legally call you.
Here are some third-party debt collection agencies beginning with the letter H:
- H & A Credit Corporation
- H&R Accounts, Inc.
- Haller, Harlan, & Taylor
- Hamerhoff Law Group
- Harbinger Processing Group, LLC
- Harris & Harris Ltd.
- Harvard Collection Service
- Harvest Credit Management VII, LLC
- Hauge Associates
- Hawkeye Adjustment Service
- Hayt Hayt & Landau
- HCI Healthcare Collections
- Healthcare Billing & Collection Services, Ltd.
- Healthcare Financial Services
- Healthcare Financial Services LLC
- Healthcare Revenue Recovery Group
- Health Services Asset Management, LLC
- Hearshe Kemp, LLC
- Helvey & Associates
- Herbert P. Sears Company
- Heritage Financial Recovery Services
- Hilco Receivables, LLC
- Hillcrest Credit Agency
- Hillcrest Davidson & Associates
- Hospital Collection Services
- Hosto & Buchan
- Howard Lee Schiff
- Holloway Credit Solutions
- Hollis Cobb Associates
- HS Financial Group, LLC
- HSI Financial Services LLC
- HSW Financial Recovery
- Hunt & Henriques
- Hunter Warfield, Inc.
- Huntington Debt Holdings, LLC