According to studies, the average American now has about $38,000 in personal debt. When people are having difficulties paying of those debts, often times major corporations will hire collection agencies to go after those debts.
Often times, those collection agencies will employ inappropriate and deceptive measures in order to collect those debts, which include suing you.
How to Respond to a Debt Collector's Lawsuit
If a debt collection agency sues you, you should respond to that lawsuit either personally or with the help of an attorney. You should be prepared show proof of your payments of your debt if you think you do not have any debt remaining.
You can also respond by saying that you want to settle the debt, you can ask the debt collection agency to settle for a fraction of what you owe the original creditor.
Next Steps to Take
If a debt collection agency send you a lawsuit, then you should talk with an FDCPA attorney. When you work with legal counsel, they will be able to let you know what next steps. An attorney can listen to the facts of the case and can best advise you on how to proceed.
Here's some more information on what to do if some of the largest biggest debt collectors in the United States sue you:
- Ability Recovery Services
- Account Services Collections, Inc.
- Action Financial Services, LLC
- Ad Astra Recovery Services, Inc.
- Affiliate Asset Solution
- Audit Systems, Inc.
- Amcol Systems, Inc.
- Atlantic Credit & Finance
- Avante USA, Ltd.
- CBE Group, Inc.
- Collection Bureau of the Hudson Valley
- Commonwealth Financial System
- CMRE Financial Services
- Constar Financial Services, LLC
- Consumer Portfolio Services, Inc.
- Credence Resources Management, LLC
- CSS Companies
- DCM Services
- Delta Outsource Group
- Donald R. Conrad
- Dynamic Recovery Solutions
- FH Cann & Associates, Inc.
- Gatestone & Co International Inc
- Glass Mountain Capital, LLC
- Global Collection Agency
- Global Credit & Collection
- Harris & Harris Ltd.
- Hillcrest, Davidson & Associates, LLC
- Hunter Warfield, Inc.
- IMC Credit Services, LLC.
- I.Q. Data International, Inc.
- Linebarger, Goggan, Blair, & Sampson, LLP
- McCarthy, Burgess, & Wolff
- Mitchell D. Bluhm & Associates
- Monarch Recovery Management
- Municipal Services Bureau
- National Commercial Services, Inc.
- National Recoveries, Inc.
- NCB Management Services, Inc.
- Northstar Location Services
- Paramount Recovery Systems
- Penn Credit
- Prince Parker & Associates
- Professional Account Management, LLC.
- Professional Bureau Of Collections Of Maryland
- Radius Global Solutions, LLC
- Rash Curtis & Associates
- Roquemore & Roquemore, Inc.
- RGS Financial
- Rushmore Service Center, LLC
- Scott & Associates
- SIMM Associates, Inc.
- SRS And Associates
- Synerprise Consulting Services, Inc.
- Vital Recovery Services
- Wakefield & Associates
- Waypoint Resource Group, LLC