Avante USA, Ltd., is a debt collection agency that is based in Houston, Texas. They collect old debt that belonged to creditors in different areas, such as credit cards, medical debts, past-due personal loans, and so forth.
If you have been notified that Avante USA, Ltd., has filed a lawsuit against you, you should respond to the allegations by the deadline that is specified in your lawsuit. You should also enlist the help of a FDCPA attorney who can read over the lawsuit and determine the best way to proceed.
How To Respond To A Lawsuit From Avante USA, Ltd.
If you believe that the debt Avante USA is collecting has been paid, gather evidence and documentation that shows your payments that were made. You will need to show the debt was paid or that the remaining balance isn’t what they claim.
If you do owe the debt, you could directly contact Avante USA, Ltd., in an attempt to settle the debt. You might be able to resolve the matter for much less than the face value of the debt, which can save you time and money.
Damages You Could Receive From Avante USA, Ltd.
When you prove that Avante USA, Ltd., violated the FDCPA by harassing you during the collections process, you can file a complaint against the collection agency and ask to be compensated for your damages. Here are some of the different damages you could claim from AvanteUSA, Ltd.:
- Statutory damages –You could recover up to $1,000 in statutory damages if you show Avante USA, Ltd. has violated the FDCPA.
- Physical distress – Physical distress could result from harassment. These symptoms could culminate in different physical symptoms, including difficulty sleeping, anxiety, migraines, stress-induced heart problems, tension headaches, depression, rashes, or hypertension.
- Emotional distress – Emotional distress could result from the harassment as well, and your relationships could suffer. You can claim these damages.
- Lost wages – If you miss work because of physical or emotional distress, or the calls result in decreased productivity that affects your pay, you can ask to recoup the lost wages.
- Recovery of wage garnishment – If Avante USA, Ltd., garnished your paycheck through an FDCPA violation, you can recover those garnished wages.
- Legal fees – If you can show Avante USA violated the FDCPA, they can be held responsible for legal fees and the cost of your attorney.
You can also request injunctive relief, which means Avante USA, Ltd., can no longer have any written contact or call you, your employer, your family, or anyone else about your past-due debt.
Talk To An FDCPA Attorney Today
If you are being threatened with a lawsuit by Avante USA, talk with an FDCPA lawyer who can determine the best way to proceed with your situation regarding Avante USA’s debt collection and your damages.
Don’t wait too late, act today and get your case reviewed by an FDCPA attorney who practices in your state.
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Avante USA, Ltd. or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to receive any compensation.