NCB Management Services, Inc., is a third-party debt collector. If you are being sued by NCB Management Services, Inc., you should consult with an FDCPA attorney and review the entire lawsuit. Respond to the lawsuit so the court doesn’t award NCB Management Services, Inc., a judgment against you.
How To Respond To A Lawsuit From NCB Management Services, Inc.
NCB Management Services, Inc., could be trying to collect a debt that you don’t owe, or might be suing you for more than you do owe. You will need to gather up proof of any previous payments that you had made toward the debt in question.
If you don’t believe you owe the debt, ask for them to provide you with proof of the debt. Your FDCPA attorney can help you through the process. If you owe the debt, negotiate a settlement with NCB Management Services, Inc. as they will usually settle the debt for much less than what you owe.
You will save money, and you will also avoid court by negotiating a settlement.
Damages You Could Receive From NCB Management, Services, Inc.
Your FDCPA lawyer will review the details of the lawsuit filed against you by NCB Management Services, Inc. If the FDCPA was violated and you were harassed, you can file a claim against NCB Management Services to recover compensation for your damages.
There are many damages that you might suffer in such instances. Here are a few of the damages you could recover compensation for:
- Statutory damages – If you aren’t eligible to recover compensation for emotional and/or physical distress, but the FDCPA was violated by NCB Management Services, Inc., you are eligible for statutory damages, which could be as much as $1,000.
- Physical and emotional distress – Collection agencies can harass individuals with the ongoing phone calls and contact. If you have been harassed and the FDCPA was violated, it could take its toll on you. Physical distress could culminate in stress-induced heart problems, migraines, tension headaches, rashes, panic attacks, depression, migraines, muscle aches, high blood pressure, and anxiety. You could have emotional distress because of the strain put on your relationships and the nervousness that results.
- Lost wages – If you miss work because of physical or emotional distress, or because calls to your employer reduces productivity, you can recover compensation to cover your lost wages.
- Recovery of wage garnishment – If NCB Management Services, Inc., violated the FDCPA to garnish your wages, you can recover those lost wages.
- Legal fees – You can ask the court to hold NCB Management Services, Inc., responsible for any legal fees, including your lawyer’s fees and the court costs.
- Injunctive relief – You can ask for injunctive relief from NCB Management Services, Inc., and the court can order them to no longer call you or any of your associates trying to collect the debt and they can be ordered to stop written contact as well.
Talk To An FDCPA Attorney Today
If you are being threatened with a lawsuit by NCB Management Services, Inc., consult with an FDCPA attorney to determine the best way to proceed with your case and how to defend yourself.
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against NCB Management Services, Inc., or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to receive any compensation.