If you are behind on your mortgage, credit card, or medical bills, you might be contacted by RGS Financial.If you are being sued by RGS Financial for a past due debt, you will need to respond to the lawsuit.
If you fail to respond, the court will automatically award a judgment to RGS Financial under the assumption that the allegations made against you are true. You should consult with an FDCPA attorney who will help you read through the entire lawsuit and determine how to proceed.
How To Respond To A Lawsuit From RGS Financial
You might be pursued for a debt that you don’t owe. If RGS Financial is trying to collect a debt that you don’t owe, or that you have paid on, then provide them with proof of your past payments. Do not hesitate to ask them for proof of the debt either.
Your FDCPA lawyer will help you through the process and will determine the best way to proceed. If you do owe the debt, you can save time and money by negotiating a settlement with RGS Financial.
Damages You Could Receive From RGS Financial
The FDCPA attorney that you enlist to help you will review the details of the lawsuit filed by RGS Financial. They will also review all documentation and correspondence to determine if the FDCPA has been violated.
If there are FDCPA violations on RGS Financial’s part, you can recover compensation for your damages that resulted. Here are some damages that you might be able to recover from the third-party debt collector:
- Statutory damages – If the FDCPA was violated and you didn’t suffer emotional distress or physical stress that you can seek compensation for, you can receive $1,000 in statutory damages from RGS Financial.
- Physical and emotional distress – The harassment of a debt collector can take its toll on you both physically and emotionally. Your physical distress can manifest with depression, anxiety, stress-induced heart issues, hypertension, rashes, muscle aches and pains, and sleep disturbances. Your emotional distress could be by the damage your relationships and employment suffer because of the calls and harassment.
- Lost wages – If physical or emotional distress cause you to miss work, you can recoup compensation for your lost wages. If the reduced productivity because of the calls cause you to lose wages, you can ask to be reimbursed.
- Recovery of wage garnishment – If your wages were garnished by RGS Financial through an FDCPA violation, you can recover those wages.
- Legal fees – The court can order RGS Financial to cover all court costs and legal fees, including your FDCPA attorney’s expenses.
- Injunctive relief – If you receive injunctive relief from RGS Financial, they can no longer contact you by phone, and they cannot contact your family, friends, or employer about your debt. They can also be ordered to stop written contact with you as well.
Talk To An FDCPA Attorney Today
If RGS Financial is threatening to sue you, talk with an FDCPA attorney about your options. Don’t put off getting the help you need, so schedule your case review today.
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against RGS Financial or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to receive any compensation.