Hillcrest, Davidson, and Associates, LLC, is a third-party debt collection agency that is based in Texas. They have been in business since 2008, and their motto says they “stand by the belief that there’s really no debt that’s not collectable.” The agency uses many different approaches to debt collecting, including credit reporting, a tiered letter system, and litigation, to pressure consumers that they think have delinquent debts.
How to Respond to a Lawsuit from Hillcrest, Davidson, and Associates, LLC
Always keep proof of any debts that you pay. Gather up evidence of payments and gather up all correspondence regarding the debt in question. If you don’t think that you owe the debt that Hillcrest, Davidson, and Associates, LLC, is collecting, you can ask them to provide you with proof of the debt.
You should enlist the help of an FDCPA lawyer to help you gather supporting documentation and refute the lawsuit filed by the collection agency. If you do owe the debt in question, you can benefit by possibly negotiating a settlement for less than what is owed.
Damages You Could Receive from Hillcrest, Davidson, and Associates, LLC
If Hillcrest, Davidson, and Associates, LLC, has been harassing you for a delinquent debt, you may suffer damages. They could have violated the FDCPA or state and federal laws that apply to collecting debts. If you can prove they violated the FDCPA, you can pursue a claim against the collection agency and may be able to recover compensation for your damages. Here are some of the more common damages suffered in such situations:
- Statutory damages – If Hillcrest, Davidson, and Associates, LLC, violated the FDCPA, but you didn’t suffer physical distress or emotional distress, you can ask for $1,000 in statutory damages to be paid to you.
- Physical distress – Harassing phone calls by the debt collector can cause physical distress. You can suffer stress-induced cardiac conditions, high blood pressure, anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, and migraines.
- Emotional distress – The continuous phone calls at different hours of the day can also wreak emotional havoc. You might suffer damaged relationships and mental anguish, which are known as emotional distress.
- Lost wages – Emotional and physical distress might lead to time away from work. Or calls at work might reduce production and affect your pay. If you suffered lost wages, you can ask that they be reimbursed.
- Recovery of wage garnishment – Hillcrest, Davidson, and Associates, LLC, may have garnished your wages illegally. If so, ask for them back.
- Legal fees –Ask the court to hold Hillcrest, Davidson, and Associates, LLC, responsible for any of the legal fees, court costs, and attorney’s fees you incur because of the situation.
- Injunctive relief – The Court could issue injunctive relief, making Hillcrest, Davidson, and Associates, LLC, cease and desist all contact with you. This stops the harassment.
Talk to an FDCPA Attorney Today
If you are being threatened with legal action by Hillcrest, Davidson, and Associates, LLC, you will want to enlist the help of an FDCPA attorney in your area. Schedule your free case review today.
- Starting a Claim Against Hillcrest, Davidson & Associates
- Notice To Stop: Hillcrest, Davidson & Associates Contact
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be construed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Hillcrest, Davidson, and Associates, LLC, or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to receive any compensation.