Going financial strain, especially in regards to having debt is one the most stressful situations that any person go through. Often times, companies will hire third-party debt collection agencies in order to collect those debts.
Unfortunately, it's common that those third-party debt collection agencies use harassing measures to collect those debts. To combat those abusive and harassing tactics, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or FDCPA helps protect consumers from defamatory and inappropriate actions from third party collection agencies.
What Happens if a Debt Collector Calls You at Work?
Unfortunately, under the FDCPA, it doesn't say that a debt collector cannot call you at work, however the FDCPA does not allow debt collectors to call you at work if the debt collector has “reason to know” that your employer forbids those kinds of calls.
If that is the case, and a debt collector is continuing to call you at your place of work there are a couple of things that you can do:
- Ignore their Calls
- Hang up the Phone If they Mistreat You
- Let them Know You're Recording the Conversation
What to Do Next
If a third-party debt collection won't stop calling you at work, then you should seek the counsel of an experienced FDCPA attorney. When you work with legal counsel, they will let you know all the necessary steps to take.
They be able to listen to all the facts regarding the case and give you the best possible advice going forward. FDCPA lawyers are only paid if you win your case.
Here's some more information on what to do if some of the largest biggest debt collectors in the United States are calling you at work:
- Accelerated Financial Solutions
- Acceptance Now
- Ad Astra Recovery Services
- Atlantic Credit & Finance
- Avante USA, Ltd.
- Caine & Weiner
- CBE Group, Inc.
- Collection Bureau of Hudson Valley
- DCM Services
- Delta Outsource Group, Inc.
- Donald R. Conrad PLC
- F.H. Cann & Associates, Inc.
- Gatestone & Co. International Inc.
- General Revenue Corporation
- Glass Mountain Capital, LLC.
- Harris & Harris Ltd.
- Hillcrest, Davidson &Associates, LLC
- Hunter Warfield, Inc.
- IQ Data International, Inc.
- McCarthy Burgess & Wolff
- Municipal Services Bureau
- National Commercial Services, Inc.
- National Recoveries, Inc.
- NCB Management Services
- Northstar Location Services
- Penn Credit
- Plaza Services, LLC
- Prince Parker & Associates
- Rash Curtis & Associate
- Radius Global Solutions LLC
- RGS Financial
- Scott & Associates
- SRS and Associates Inc.
- Victory Recovery Services, Inc.
- Wakefield & Associates, Inc.