You don’t have to endure collection agencies calling you at work. If Glass Mountain Capital LLC is calling you at work, you have the right to tell the debt collector to stop calling you.
Even though it is not illegal for Glass Mountain Capital, LLC to call you at work, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act does not allow debt collectors to call you at work if the debt collector has “reason to know” that your employer forbids those kinds of calls.
In order to give the debt collector “reason to know” you just need to tell them either on the phone or in writing that your employer doesn’t allow those types of phone calls or that they need to stop calling you at work.
Methods for Stopping Debt Collectors From Calling You At Work
The FDCPA gives consumers rights that protect them from being harassed at work by debt collectors. If you tell a debt collector to stop calling you at work and they don’t there are a few different things that you can do.
You can always ignore their calls, and that’s what a lot of people do. If you do talk to the debt collector and the person you’re talking to is rude or disrespectful or abusive you can just hang up.
Another way that you can deal with their calls is to inform them that you are recording their calls. Many of them will hang up if you do that. But recording their calls can help you if you decide to file a claim later on. Lastly, you can send them a formal notice to have them to stop contacting you.
Damages You May Be Entitled To
If Glass Mountain Capital, LLC is continuing to contact you at work, even though you told them to stop you may be entitled to damages like:
- Statutory damages- If Glass Mountain Capital, LLC had violated the FDCPA by contacting you when you told them to stop you could receive up to $1000 because of that violation.
- Emotional distress- If you start having symptoms of depression or anxiety due to the harassing phone calls you can receive damages for that.
- Physical distress– If you develop insomnia or your anxiety keeps you from sleeping or leaving the house or you develop other physical problems due to stress and anxiety you can receive damages for that.
- Lost wages- If you need to take time off from your job due to health problems caused by the harassment or if you lose your job or are suspended from your job because of the harassing phone calls you can receive damages.
Talk to an Attorney Today
If a debt collector won’t stop contacting you at work call an FDCPA attorney. An experienced FDCPA attorney can give you persona advise based on your unique situation and they can help you know what next steps to take to make sure the harassment stops as soon as possible.
- Are You Being Called By Glass Mountain Capital, LLC?
- Notice To Stop: Glass Mountain Capital, LLC. Contact
*Disclaimer: The content of this article serves only to provide information and should not be constructed as legal advice. If you file a claim against Glass Mountain Capital, LLC or any other third-party collection agency, you may not be entitled to any compensation.